TClarke partners to a record total of NHBC Pride in the Job awards
7/7/21: The NHBC Pride in the Job Award is the most highly regarded competition in the homebuilding industry and TClarke’s partners have won a record 12 out of 41 awards this year in sites around Scotland. These awards say so much about the quality delivered by site teams as TClarke Scotland MD Gary Jackson explains:
Over its four decades, the competition has served to help build consumer confidence in the quality of new homes, by showcasing best practice and rewarding excellence. Pride in the Job inspires site managers to build homes of the highest quality.
For us at TClarke, these awards are incredibly significant. They really get to the heart of quality in the industry, and the way our frontline teams collaborate with principal contractors over the life of a construction project.
We are extremely proud to be contractor of choice with Barratt Homes and David Wilson Homes East Scotland, Cala Homes, Miller Homes and Taylor Wimpey West Scotland. Between them they have won 12 out of the 41 Awards made nationally which is a superb achievement for each of these organisations.
But this goes far deeper than the organisational level. This really is about personal relationships between our teams, our partner teams and all their partners onsite. So it is also great to recognise the individuals on each project.
TClarke Partners in 12 Pride in the Job Quality Award winners
- Ewan MacLean, Barratt and David Wilson Homes East Scotland, for his site Cammo Meadows in Edinburgh
- Barrie Mitchell, Barratt and David Wilson Homes East Scotland, for his site Heritage Grange in Edinburgh
- Colin Scott, Barratt and David Wilson Homes East Scotland, for his site The Strand @ Portobello in Edinburgh
- Mark Foley, CALA Evans Restoration Limited, for his site The Crescent in Edinburgh
- Ian Welsh, CALA Homes East Ltd, for his site Waterfront Plaza in Edinburgh
- Steven Duffy, Miller Homes Scotland East, for his site Dover Heights in Masterton
- Jim Martin, Miller Homes Scotland East, for his site Edgelaw in Edinburgh
- Derek Tait, Miller Homes Scotland East, for his site Calderwood in Livingston
- Alex Chisholm, Miller Homes Scotland West, for his site Green Park Gardens in Bellshill
- Mark Brodie, Taylor Wimpey West Scotland, for his site Dargavel Village in Bishopton
- Dougie Kirkland, Taylor Wimpey West Scotland, for his site Newton Farm in Cambuslang
- David McClure, Taylor Wimpey West Scotland, for his site Westfield Gate in Newton Mearns
Quality standards are at the heart of the Tommy Clarke brand
It is also worth noting that these successes come, just as the New Homes Quality Board launches the consultation period for the new draft New Homes Quality Code. As the board’s independent chairman Natalie Elphicke OBE says:
“The launch of the consultation on the New Homes Quality Code is a major milestone in our work to introduce a new and comprehensive framework of protections for home buyers. I believe that the New Homes Quality Code fills the gaps in existing protections and will to drive up build quality standards and consumer protections. It requires builders to treat their customers fairly, respond quickly to any issues they have, or be subject to referral to the independent New Homes Ombudsman we will put in place.
As ever, we at TClarke recognise our role as a major player in the industry in driving forward the standards that consumers rely on – so we are 100% behind the new Code. We are committed to supporting the development of young people within the construction industry . Our successful and continually developing apprenticeship programme across the TClarke Group delivers qualified and skilled young people who are greatly needed to help grow the demands for quality within construction. Many of these award winning developments have our young people learning and delivering what it takes to have a top quality home for the next generation to grow and live in, with technologies for the future.
I would like to end by congratulating every one involved within our teams and within our principal contractor partners’ teams who have achieved these successes. In so many ways, this is what we are all about as a company: working hard, working consistently, being good partners , learning for the future and delivering standards that Tommy Clarke is known for.